HTI Trip News

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Family Tradition

Dee Anderson

This is my second trip to Guatemala, but my first surgical trip. I am in charge of sterilzing the surgical instrumentsthis time around. Today, July 24,I was priviledged to watch Dr. Larry Patterson remove a cateract from a man's eye and give him the hope of seeing better. It was fascinating and I learned how some of those instruments I've been washing are used.

I have been seeing my husband, Alfred, come down to Clinica Ezell and before that to Chocola for a number of years now. His desire to serve the Lord has grown and his skills have increased in the areas of sterilzing surgical instruments and being a general handyman. Now I have begun my own journey with the Heath Talents family following in my husbands' footsteps. Because my husband farms and I teach school, we can't come on the same surgical trips. But if he continues to come on his trips and I come on mine, maybe this will become a family tradition! I certainly hope so.

You can't come herewithout seeing the power of our Lord at work. It is an experience that will change your life in ways that can't be explained. Let me encourage you to volunteer to come. Share your time. Learn a skill, share a smile, give a hug. Read about all the different programs Health Talents offers and see what you and your family can do to participate. Blessings will flow because you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home