HTI Trip News

Monday, July 23, 2007

HTI Eye Surgery Clinic - July 21-28, 2007

My name is Gustavo Prato, this is the first time that I have participated in a Surgery Clinic in Guatemala with Health Talents International. We are in the Ezell clinic in Montellano doing eye surgery and helping people with different eye problems but mainly with cataracts. I am working primarily as the chaplan of the group, doing devotionals, encouraging the team to keep a spiritual focus in the midst of the phisical healing nature of the mission, and also praying and comforting the patients that come to be treated.
We have been in the clinic for two full days and what an experience has it been! It is so gratifying to participate in the type of healing ministry that Jesus did while He was among us. Most patients come with poor or very bad eyesight and the leave the clinic seeing and rejoicing because they have been healed. The verses that I think describe this work is what we read in Luke 4: 18,19 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me. He has chosen me to tell good news to the poor. He sent me to tell prisioners that they are free and to tell the blind that they can see again. He sent me to free those who have been treated badly and to announce that the time has come for the Lord to show His kindness". Jesus was saying this about himself, it was part of His mission and now we can be a part of it, that is exciting and a privilege as well. I had the opportunity to preach on Sunday morning and to teach a class to a group of men from the same congregation which has been gratifying as well. We will be here until Friday morning, and I just want to ask you to pray for us while we minister to the people in Guatemala.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home