HTI Trip News

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Hacky Sack and Bubbles

Today flew by! To second what Sarah said in an earlier blog, the service this morning was inspiring. Everyone singing passionately and whispering their prayers up to God. I also witnessed three surgeries today-3 hysterectomies and I did not even barf, but it was not inspiring enough to make me want to be in medicine for a profession. Tonight we played shark again. Shark is a hackey sack/dodge ball game. Our (Me, George, Kyle, and Ari...the youngest kids here) goal is to try and get every team member to play...and to hit Phillip as hard as we can so he is sore when he wakes up in the morning. My most memorable moment of the day though was teaching Chriseda, the only little local girl spending the night at the clinic, Go Fish. I had to use my rusty Spanish, but it worked! Then we took advantage of her being the only child around and spoiled her. I gave her chocolate and painted her finger nails. Emily had bubbles and stickers. And Jenny brought glow sticks that become bracelets and a pink head band with a flor(flower). I took many pictures, no worries. We kept her up till 11...oops. I am excited this week to cheer up the children recovering from surgery and to play "football" with the village kids. I can totally feel God reviving something inside me that had faded in my self centered world. Also, everyone here is so encouraging and friendly. Its very easy to serve in this environment. Well I need to go play cards with the night shift nurses to keep them awake. Adios -Elizabeth Smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home